Friday, February 1, 2008

13w5d- The best sound in the world!

We bought a doppler back at 9w and have been trying unsuccessfully to hear the baby's heartbeat since the day we got it home.  We limited ourselves to 1 try per week and up until now, could hear only my heartbeat and what we think are placenta noises.  Today, on a whim, PP asked if we could have a little listen.  Immediately after putting the probe down on my tummy, we heard a pretty fast heartbeat.  We both looked at each other and I knew it was way too fast to be mine, so we listened some more and then started counting to see how fast it was.  It clocked in at around 150 bpm (no way that could be my own heart) and we can now say we have a real baby growing in there.  I'm so relieved that everything sounds ok, and hopefully our midwife will be able to hear it again at our next appt. on the 12th.

No comments: