Monday, September 24, 2007

3w6d: It still hasn't sunk in yet.

Well I went to the walk-in clinic at my University today and had a pregnancy test done there just to confirm.  Their tests were not nearly as sensitive as what I used yesterday, but a faint line eventually did show up.  The doctor I got highly recommended us go with a midwife rather than an OB/GYN, which we were planning on doing anyway, so when I got back to work, I emailed the midwife that I had already thought of going with.  She emailed back and we've arranged for a phone chat later this week.  She mentioned she may be going on vacation at the end of the year so she may not be available to deliver our baby, so we'll have to see.

It still doesn't feel real.  I keep thinking that this is going to be taken away from me at any minute.  Even just chatting with my husband about it makes me feel so surreal.  I think it'll start sinking in once we have our first official appointment, until then, I'm still on cloud nine.

No comments: