Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wow... just, wow!

Well, what a day it has been. Today my fertility friend chart said it was time to do a pregnancy test and see if I was pregnant. This is just our 3rd month trying, so I wasn't holding out much hope. That being said, I had been having some symptoms like having to pee 20 times a day that raised my suspicions, but I didn't want to get my hopes up just in case.

So this morning, I took my temperature (it went up 0.1 of a degree) and then went and pe'ed on a stick. Well the results were less than desirable. After 5 minutes, I thought I could see a faint line but figured since the 5 minute time limit was about to pass, it meant nothing, so I threw it in the garbage and went back to bed. Well, when my hubby woke up he wanted to see the crap test and when he looked at it he saw a line. I did too but it had already been an hour (well past the time limit at this point) so we resolved that I would hold my pee for as long as I could possibly stand it and try again with the other test.

Well, 4.5 hours later, I tried another test and sure enough, within 1 minute, I had a positive. I showed my husband and he said "pee on the digital" lol. We had picked up a digital test yesterday and I figured I wouldn't use it till later in the week if we had been getting promising faint positives. Well I buckled and dipped the digi test too. Sure enough, 2 minutes later, we saw the word "pregnant" and since we're in Canada we got the French version too. Here is the pic:


We are both thrilled but can't believe that this has finally happened to us. Now the dreaded 3 month wait begins. I'm heading to my University clinic tomorrow to confirm things and get referred to a midwife. Here's to a sticky bean :)

No comments: